• Request recommendations. Contractors, builders, and developers can often provide a list of reliable electricians they recommend. Word of mouth is a great source of advertising. See if any of your friends or co-workers can recommend a good electrician from experience.
• Discuss the electrician’s area of expertise. Electricians typically specialize in one field or multiple fields. Some may handle new construction site projects, and others may specialize in service calls or commercial buildings. It is important to make sure the electrician has the experience necessary to handle any issues or complications that may arise. Ask to see a copy of the electrician’s license. In California, every individual who performs electrical work needs to be licensed, not just the contractor. You can verify the electrician’s licensing status by using the search tool on the State of California Department of Industrial Relations site.
• Verify that the electrician carries insurance. Although it is not a state requirement, you may want to choose an electrician carrying liability insurance in case there is an accident or damage done to your home. If the company has employees, it is legally required to have workers’ compensation insurance on all electricians. For added assurance, call the insurance provider to ensure the policies have not lapsed.
• Obtain references. Once you have the references’ contact information, call to inquire about the quality of the work and their satisfaction. See if the work was done in a timely manner and if the estimated cost of service was accurate.
• Check to see if there are any complaints against the company. You can search the name using the Better Business Bureau. The Prime Buyer’s Report compiles a list of credible electricians based on customer feedback, complaint history, licensing, and insurance coverage.
For information about a great Tulsa Electrician company call Millers Superior Electric today! This Tulsa Electrician business has been around many years and has a great reputation. Give them a call today! You will be glad you! We are your Electrician Tulsa, Electrical Repair Tulsa and Electrician Tulsa OK pros!